Explore the elegance of the Victorian era at the magnificent Al Aziziyah Boutique Hotel. The five-star property is easily recognized by its unique, architectural design and is situated within Doha’s majestic Sports City; Aspire Zone, just a short walk from one of Doha’s major attractions; Villaggio Mall, KidZania entertainment park, Aspire Park and Hyatt Plaza shopping mall. The hotel is around 25 minutes’ drive from Hamad International Airport. The hotel is one of the very few city’s urban country estates, it has a large outside space and lush greenery. With the charm of an English country house and its unique Victorian style, this hidden haven has a spectacular natural landscape. It has been the prime accommodation for well-known international football clubs such as Paris Saint Germain and Bayern Munich
- All corridors are wide enough to enable wheelchair users and people using mobility equipment to manoeuvre easily. Circulation routes are generally good.
- The majority of corridors are free from obstructions which would hamper a wheelchair user’s ability to manoeuvre. This would also assist people using mobility equipment.
- Floor surfaces are slippery which is problem for people using mobility equipment.
- Seating is provided to enable wheelchair users to sit with their friends/family
- Tables and chairs are moveable so can accommodate different user requirements.
- The hotel has a number of designated accessible bedrooms
- Doors are standard width and may cause difficulty for guests using larger wheelchairs
- The room layout /furniture limits the amount of spaces to manoeuvre, which may be an issue for wheelchair users/people using mobility equipment.
- The fixtures and fittings such as light switches spy hole and clothes rails are not reachable by someone in a seated position.
- No emergency alarm is provided next to the bed to enable guests to call for help if required.
- The route to the swimming pool area is level, or has well designed ramps to enable access. Guests can access the seating/sunloungers with relative ease.
- The main restaurant and some of the bars/cafes are accessible for people using wheelchairs /mobility equipment.
This report has been prepared by Accessible Qatar, an initiative by Sasol Middle East & India (Sasol) as part of its corporate social responsibility programme. This report is not provided on a commercial basis and no fees were charged for the preparation of this report. The report is provided on an “as is, where is” basis and Sasol and its affiliated companies do not make any representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the quality, quantity, value, condition, completeness or accuracy of this report or any information or recommendations included in this report. The venue agrees that, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Sasol shall not be liable for any losses, liabilities, costs, damages and expenses that the venue does or will incur or suffer as a direct or indirect result of this report.