Baladna Visitor Centre
Baladna is 100% Qatari, and one of the largest livestock and dairy farms in the GCC and Middle East. Baladna provides an authentic model of freshness and nutritional value. Cows, sheep and goats are milked every day to provide a wide selection of dairy products. The farm is open to public, and features the region’s most advanced rotary milking parlour, as well as our restaurant, a carefully-manicured garden, a children’s play area, and a petting zoo – Baladna is the perfect destination to experience farm life. The purpose of this audit is to highlight any issues that some disabled visitors may encounter during their visit as well as highlighting positive accessibility features.
- Accessible toilets are provided in close proximity to standard toilet provision
- There are multiple accessible toilets provided in the building/venue and the majority of them are poorly signposted.
- An emergency alarm is not provided in the accessible toilet
- There are multiple accessible toilets provided in the building/venue and the majority of them provided washing and drying facilities within the cubicle but are positioned incorrectly
- Some handrails/ grab rails are provided but not in the correct location
- A full length mirror is not provided
- Clothes hooks are not provided / not located correctly
- There are multiple accessible toilets throughout the building/venue and the majority of them do not include all the features expected within an accessible toilet, such as handrails, full length mirror lowered coat hooks and easy to use door locks
This report has been prepared by Accessible Qatar, an initiative by Sasol Middle East & India (Sasol) as part of its corporate social responsibility programme. This report is not provided on a commercial basis and no fees were charged for the preparation of this report. The report is provided on an “as is, where is” basis and Sasol and its affiliated companies do not make any representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the quality, quantity, value, condition, completeness or accuracy of this report or any information or recommendations included in this report. The venue agrees that, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Sasol shall not be liable for any losses, liabilities, costs, damages and expenses that the venue does or will incur or suffer as a direct or indirect result of this report.