The Doha Exhibition and Convention Center is Qatar’s central multi-purpose venue located in the heart of “The West Bay”, the business district in Doha the capital of the country. Arranged over 47,700m², DECC offers a versatile venue for business and entertainment events. It is available as one huge open space of 29,000m² or can be divided into five vast, pillar-free halls; ranging between 5368m² to 7160m². In addition, DECC hosts 18 state of the art meeting rooms ideal for training, business meetings, seminars and workshops equipped with a variety of AV settings to suit your needs.
- There are multiple accessible toilets throughout the building/venue and the majority of them are located in close proximity to standard toilet provision
- There are multiple accessible toilets provided in the building/venue and the majority of them are clearly signposted.
- Adequate space is provided in front of the accessible toilet to enable people using wheelchairs to manoeuvre.
- Door opens outwards to provide sufficient space within the accessible cubicle.
- There are multiple accessible toilets provided in the building/venue and the majority of them do not have an emergency alarm fitted.
- Drying facilities are not within reach of the WC in the accessible toilet
- The sink is not reachable from the WC within the accessible toilet
- Some handrails/ grab rails are provided but not in the correct location
- Clothes hooks are not provided / not located correctly
- There are multiple accessible toilets throughout the building/venue and the majority of them do not include all the features expected within an accessible toilet, such as handrails, full length mirror lowered coat hooks and easy to use door locks
This report has been prepared by Accessible Qatar, an initiative by Sasol Middle East & India (Sasol) as part of its corporate social responsibility programme. This report is not provided on a commercial basis and no fees were charged for the preparation of this report. The report is provided on an “as is, where is” basis and Sasol and its affiliated companies do not make any representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the quality, quantity, value, condition, completeness or accuracy of this report or any information or recommendations included in this report. The venue agrees that, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Sasol shall not be liable for any losses, liabilities, costs, damages and expenses that the venue does or will incur or suffer as a direct or indirect result of this report.