Dusit Doha Hotel
Set within a 5-mins walk from Doha City Centre and 2.1 km from the Doha Exhibition and Convention Center, Dusit Doha Hotel is set within the Diplomatic area in West Bay, Doha. The property features a temperature controlled rooftop swimming pool. Dusit Doha Hotel offers air-conditioned rooms, suites and apartments. Every guest room boasts floor-to-ceiling windows, a work desk, flat-screen TV and large bathroom. The property boasts 5 dining options, a fully-equipped gym and spa with separate male and female treatment rooms. Other facilities include conference rooms and a grand ballroom.
- All corridors are wide enough to enable wheelchair users and people using mobility equipment to manoeuvre easily. Circulation routes are generally good.
- The majority of corridors are free from obstructions which would hamper a wheelchair user’s ability to manoeuvre. This would also assist people using mobility equipment.
- Floor surfaces are slippery which is problem for people using mobility equipment.
- Seating is provided to enable wheelchair users to sit with their friends/family
- Tables and chairs are moveable so can accommodate different user requirements.
- The hotel has a number of designated accessible bedrooms
- The room layout /furniture limits the amount of spaces to manoeuvre, which may be an issue for wheelchair users/people using mobility equipment.
- The fixtures and fittings such as light switches spy hole and clothes rails are not reachable by someone in a seated position.
- No emergency alarm is provided next to the bed to enable guests to call for help if required.
- The route to the swimming pool area is level, or has well designed ramps to enable access. Guests can access the seating/sunloungers with relative ease.
- Treatment rooms are suitable for wheelchair users and mobility equipment users
- Restaurants/bars/cafés have level access or well designed ramped access.
This report has been prepared by Accessible Qatar, an initiative by Sasol Middle East & India (Sasol) as part of its corporate social responsibility programme. This report is not provided on a commercial basis and no fees were charged for the preparation of this report. The report is provided on an “as is, where is” basis and Sasol and its affiliated companies do not make any representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the quality, quantity, value, condition, completeness or accuracy of this report or any information or recommendations included in this report. The venue agrees that, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Sasol shall not be liable for any losses, liabilities, costs, damages and expenses that the venue does or will incur or suffer as a direct or indirect result of this report.