Intercontinental Doha The City
Stylish and modern, this Doha hotel is impressive in every detail, from the hotel lobby atrium to the open air rooftop pool. A wealth of luxury amenities include seven exciting and innovative dining and entertainment establishments. This Doha hotel is ideally located for business or leisure in exclusive West Bay, five minutes from Qatar Exhibition Centre and close to Doha Golf Club, the City Centre Shopping Mall and the more traditional Souq Waqif.
- All corridors are wide enough to enable wheelchair users and people using mobility equipment to manoeuvre easily. Circulation routes are generally good.
- The majority of corridors are free from obstructions which would hamper a wheelchair user’s ability to manoeuvre. This would also assist people using mobility equipment.
- Floor surfaces are slip resistant and suitable for wheelchair users or people using mobility equipment.
- Seating is provided to enable wheelchair users to sit with their friends/family
- Tables and chairs are moveable so can accommodate different user requirements.
- The hotel has a number of designated accessible bedrooms
- Doors are wider than standard to enable wheelchair users or guests using mobility equipment to manoeuvre easily
- The accessible bedrooms have sufficient space to move for guests using wheelchairs or mobility equipment. Adequate space is provided next to the bed.
- The fixtures and fittings such as light switches, spy hole, and clothes rails are positioned so they can be used by someone in a seated position.
- The route to the swimming pool area is level, or has well designed ramps to enable access. Guests can access the seating/sunloungers with relative ease.
- Treatment rooms are suitable for wheelchair users and mobility equipment users
- Restaurants/bars/cafés have level access or well designed ramped access.
- The main restaurant and some of the bars/cafes are accessible for people using wheelchairs /mobility equipment.
This report has been prepared by Accessible Qatar, an initiative by Sasol Middle East & India (Sasol) as part of its corporate social responsibility programme. This report is not provided on a commercial basis and no fees were charged for the preparation of this report. The report is provided on an “as is, where is” basis and Sasol and its affiliated companies do not make any representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the quality, quantity, value, condition, completeness or accuracy of this report or any information or recommendations included in this report. The venue agrees that, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Sasol shall not be liable for any losses, liabilities, costs, damages and expenses that the venue does or will incur or suffer as a direct or indirect result of this report.