The Cultural Village Foundation is an exceptional project of hope for human interaction through art and cultural exchange – a project made possible thanks to the inspired vision, solid faith and wise leadership of HH Sheikh Hamad Bin Khalifa Al Thani, the Father Emir of the State of Qatar. Keeping pace with the emerging global culture that emphasises the importance of diversity in human development, Katara Cultural Village is the largest and the most multidimensional cultural project of Qatar. It is a place where people come together to experience the cultures of the world. With beautiful theatres, concert halls, exhibition galleries and cutting-edge facilities, Katara aims to become a world leader for multi-cultural activities. In line with the goals set forward by the Qatar National Vision 2030, Katara serves as a guardian to the heritage and traditions of Qatar and endeavours to spread awareness about the importance of every culture and civilization and as such, Katara hosts international, regional and local festivals, workshops, performances and exhibitions.
- There are multiple accessible toilets throughout the building/venue and the majority of them are too small to accommodate wheelchairs and the space required to manouevre.
- There are multiple accessible toilets provided in the building/venue and the majority of them are poorly signposted.
- There are multiple accessible toilets provided in the building/venue and the majority of them provide adequate space for people using wheelchairs to manoeuvre.
- There are multiple accessible toilets provided in the building/venue and the majority of them do not have an emergency alarm fitted.
- There are multiple accessible toilets provided in the building/venue and the majority of them have incorrectly fitted taps that would be difficult for people with limited manual dexterity to use.
- There are multiple accessible toilets throughout the building/venue and the majority of them do not include all the features expected within an accessible toilet, such as handrails, full length mirror lowered coat hooks and easy to use door locks
This report has been prepared by Accessible Qatar, an initiative by Sasol Middle East & India (Sasol) as part of its corporate social responsibility programme. This report is not provided on a commercial basis and no fees were charged for the preparation of this report. The report is provided on an “as is, where is” basis and Sasol and its affiliated companies do not make any representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the quality, quantity, value, condition, completeness or accuracy of this report or any information or recommendations included in this report. The venue agrees that, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Sasol shall not be liable for any losses, liabilities, costs, damages and expenses that the venue does or will incur or suffer as a direct or indirect result of this report.