Marsa Malaz Kempinski The Pearl
Marsa Malaz Kempinski showcases the finest European architecture, blended with traditional Arabian elements in all of its 281 luxurious rooms – including 69 suites, two Presidential suites and two Royal Suites. Each spacious room provides the latest technology, along with personalised service from your private butler, catering to your every need 24 hours a day. Marsa Malaz Kempinski, The Pearl – Doha is located on its own secluded island, just steps away from the numerous entertainment and dining options of Porto Arabia and Medina Centrale districts of The Pearl – Qatar. The central business district of West Bay is a 10 minute drive away.
- All corridors are wide enough to enable wheelchair users and people using mobility equipment to manoeuvre easily. Circulation routes are generally good.
- The majority of corridors are free from obstructions which would hamper a wheelchair user’s ability to manoeuvre. This would also assist people using mobility equipment.
- Floor surfaces are slippery which is problem for people using mobility equipment.
- Seating is provided to enable wheelchair users to sit with their friends/family
- Tables and chairs are moveable so can accommodate different user requirements.
- The hotel has a number of designated accessible bedrooms
- Doors are wider than standard to enable wheelchair users or guests using mobility equipment to manoeuvre easily
- The accessible bedrooms have sufficient space to move for guests using wheelchairs or mobility equipment. Adequate space is provided next to the bed.
- The fixtures and fittings such as light switches, spy hole, and clothes rails are positioned so they can be used by someone in a seated position.
- The route to the swimming pool area is level, or has well designed ramps to enable access. Guests can access the seating/sunloungers with relative ease.
- Wheelchair users or guests using mobility equipment will be able to access the gym, however none of the equipment is specifically designed for wheelchair users.
- Restaurants/bars/cafés have level access or well designed ramped access.
This report has been prepared by Accessible Qatar, an initiative by Sasol Middle East & India (Sasol) as part of its corporate social responsibility programme. This report is not provided on a commercial basis and no fees were charged for the preparation of this report. The report is provided on an “as is, where is” basis and Sasol and its affiliated companies do not make any representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the quality, quantity, value, condition, completeness or accuracy of this report or any information or recommendations included in this report. The venue agrees that, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Sasol shall not be liable for any losses, liabilities, costs, damages and expenses that the venue does or will incur or suffer as a direct or indirect result of this report.