Qatar National Library – Qatar Foundation (Building No 32)
Qatar National Library (QNL), a member of the Qatar Foundation for Education, Science, and Community Development, acts as a steward of Qatar’s national heritage by collecting, preserving and making available the country’s recorded history. In its role as a research library with a preeminent heritage library, QNL fosters and promotes greater global insight into the history and culture of the Gulf region. As a public library, QNL provides equal access for all Qatari residents to an environment that supports creativity, independent decision-making, and cultural development. Through all its functions, QNL provides leadership to the country’s library and cultural heritage sector. QNL also supports Qatar’s transition from a reliance on natural resources to become a diversified and sustainable economy by providing support to students, researchers, and the public to promote life-long learning and empower individuals and communities for a better future. In addition to full-text online resources, QNL currently has around one million books in its collections, more than 500,000 ebooks, periodicals and newspapers, and special collections. The renowned Heritage Library was integrated with the library in the summer of 2011. Our qualified librarians are experts in teaching, research skills, literacy, programs, and knowledge management. Combining all these skills together with QNL’s strong service ethic, the Library offers many activities and opportunities for the local community to do, learn, and discover.
- Accessible toilets are provided in close proximity to standard toilet provision
- Accessible toilets are clearly signposted
- Adequate space is provided in front of the accessible toilet to enable people using wheelchairs to manoeuvre.
- Door opens outwards to provide sufficient space within the accessible cubicle.
- An emergency alarm is provided in the accessible toilet but it is incorrectly fitted or unusable.
- The emergency alarm is fitted in the accessible toilet but it cannot be reached from floor level
- The washing and drying facilities are positioned correctly and can be reached from someone seated on the WC in the accessible toilet.
- The tap is easy to use for people with limited dexterity within the accessible toilet
- Handrails/grab rails are provided in the correct location as per international standard
This report has been prepared by Accessible Qatar, an initiative by Sasol Middle East & India (Sasol) as part of its corporate social responsibility programme. This report is not provided on a commercial basis and no fees were charged for the preparation of this report. The report is provided on an “as is, where is” basis and Sasol and its affiliated companies do not make any representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the quality, quantity, value, condition, completeness or accuracy of this report or any information or recommendations included in this report. The venue agrees that, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Sasol shall not be liable for any losses, liabilities, costs, damages and expenses that the venue does or will incur or suffer as a direct or indirect result of this report.