A luxury Doha resort that exemplifies the perfect fusion of contemporary and traditional, Sharq Village & Spa places guests in the heart of the Qatar capital, yet within the tranquil confines of an idyllic coastal retreat on the Gulf Bay. Featuring an exceptional spa, world-class dining, including the only Persian fine dining restaurant in Qatar, and 300 meters of private beach, our luxury resort in Doha Qatar is perfect for families of all ages, and envelops guests in a world of time-honoured hospitality in surroundings that embrace Doha’s newer opulent vision
- All corridors are wide enough to enable wheelchair users and people using mobility equipment to manoeuvre easily. Circulation routes are generally good.
- The majority of corridors are free from obstructions which would hamper a wheelchair user’s ability to manoeuvre. This would also assist people using mobility equipment.
- Floor surfaces are slippery which is problem for people using mobility equipment.
- Seating is provided to enable wheelchair users to sit with their friends/family
- Tables and chairs are moveable so can accommodate different user requirements.
- The hotel has a number of designated accessible bedrooms
- The room layout /furniture limits the amount of spaces to manoeuvre, which may be an issue for wheelchair users/people using mobility equipment.
- The fixtures and fittings such as light switches spy hole and clothes rails are not reachable by someone in a seated position.
- The route to the swimming pool area is level, or has well designed ramps to enable access. Guests can access the seating/sunloungers with relative ease.
- Wheelchair users or guests using mobility equipment will be able to access the gym, however none of the equipment is specifically designed for wheelchair users.
- The main restaurant and some of the bars/cafes are accessible for people using wheelchairs /mobility equipment.
This report has been prepared by Accessible Qatar, an initiative by Sasol Middle East & India (Sasol) as part of its corporate social responsibility programme. This report is not provided on a commercial basis and no fees were charged for the preparation of this report. The report is provided on an “as is, where is” basis and Sasol and its affiliated companies do not make any representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the quality, quantity, value, condition, completeness or accuracy of this report or any information or recommendations included in this report. The venue agrees that, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Sasol shall not be liable for any losses, liabilities, costs, damages and expenses that the venue does or will incur or suffer as a direct or indirect result of this report.