The new public park is infront of the Sheraton Doha Hotel. The park is seven hectares of public gardens, situated at the top end of the Corniche and in the heart of the capital’s bustling business district, the park includes “dancing” water fountains that spout out of the ground. The design of the park centers around water, with the section nearest to West Bay’s towers including at least five different “wadi”-style features, including mini-fountains, waterfalls and small streams.
- All corridors are wide enough to enable wheelchair users and people using mobility equipment to manoeuvre easily. Circulation routes are generally good.
- The majority of corridors are free from obstructions which would hamper a wheelchair user’s ability to manoeuvre. This would also assist people using mobility equipment.
- Floor surfaces are slip resistant and suitable for wheelchair users or people using mobility equipment.
- Seating is provided to enable wheelchair users to sit with their friends/family
- The majority of play equipment is non inclusive and not suitable for children who use wheelchairs or mobility equipment
- Sufficient space is available alongside standard seating suitable for wheelchair users
This report has been prepared by Accessible Qatar, an initiative by Sasol Middle East & India (Sasol) as part of its corporate social responsibility programme. This report is not provided on a commercial basis and no fees were charged for the preparation of this report. The report is provided on an “as is, where is” basis and Sasol and its affiliated companies do not make any representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the quality, quantity, value, condition, completeness or accuracy of this report or any information or recommendations included in this report. The venue agrees that, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Sasol shall not be liable for any losses, liabilities, costs, damages and expenses that the venue does or will incur or suffer as a direct or indirect result of this report.