Souq Waqif is the main market within Doha. It is a bustling area with locals and tourists alike walking around the alleyways shopping or eating in one of the many cafes and restaurants. As well as the market there are stables for horses and camels as well as the falcon souq. Festivals and events are also held at the souq at certain times throughout the year. ** Please note, this review covers the common areas of the souq, such as parking and toilets but does not cover individual restaurants/shops.
- Accessible toilets are provided in close proximity to standard toilet provision
- No signage is provided to assist people unfamiliar with the building/venue
- Adequate space is provided in front of the accessible toilet to enable people using wheelchairs to manoeuvre.
- Door opens outwards to provide sufficient space within the accessible cubicle.
- An emergency alarm is not provided in the accessible toilet
- Drying facilities are not within reach of the WC in the accessible toilet
- The sink is not reachable from the WC within the accessible toilet
- Some handrails/ grab rails are provided but not in the correct location
- A full length mirror is not provided
- Clothes hooks are not provided / not located correctly
This report has been prepared by Accessible Qatar, an initiative by Sasol Middle East & India (Sasol) as part of its corporate social responsibility programme. This report is not provided on a commercial basis and no fees were charged for the preparation of this report. The report is provided on an “as is, where is” basis and Sasol and its affiliated companies do not make any representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the quality, quantity, value, condition, completeness or accuracy of this report or any information or recommendations included in this report. The venue agrees that, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Sasol shall not be liable for any losses, liabilities, costs, damages and expenses that the venue does or will incur or suffer as a direct or indirect result of this report.