The Pearl Qatar
The Pearl –Qatar is a unique island development in Doha. This development is a mix of residential as well as retail and restaurants. ** Please note this review covers the common areas of The Pearl and not individual restaurants and shops.
- Accessible toilets are provided in close proximity to standard toilet provision
- Signage is limited and only provided in close proximity to the toilet
- There are multiple accessible toilets provided in the building/venue and the majority of them have limited spaces in front of the accessible toilet which may be problematic for wheelchair users or people using mobility equipment.
- There are multiple accessible toilets provided in the building/venue and the majority of them do not have an emergency alarm fitted.
- There are multiple accessible toilets provided in the building/venue and the majority of them have incorrectly fitted washing and drying facilities that cannot be reached from the WC.
- There are multiple accessible toilets provided in the building/venue and the majority of them have incorrectly fitted taps that would be difficult for people with limited manual dexterity to use.
- There are multiple accessible toilets throughout the building/venue and the majority of them do not include all the features expected within an accessible toilet, such as handrails, full length mirror lowered coat hooks and easy to use door locks
- Ambulant cubicles are not provided.
This report has been prepared by Accessible Qatar, an initiative by Sasol Middle East & India (Sasol) as part of its corporate social responsibility programme. This report is not provided on a commercial basis and no fees were charged for the preparation of this report. The report is provided on an “as is, where is” basis and Sasol and its affiliated companies do not make any representations or warranties, express or implied, regarding the quality, quantity, value, condition, completeness or accuracy of this report or any information or recommendations included in this report. The venue agrees that, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Sasol shall not be liable for any losses, liabilities, costs, damages and expenses that the venue does or will incur or suffer as a direct or indirect result of this report.
If you want to go to other side of pearl from novo cinema to the boardwalk there is no safe way to cross the road for anyone who is on wheelchair . There is not disabled friendly golf carts that can help you safely cross the road . If you want to stay in one side of the pearl it is very wheelchair friendly .